Vismaya Water Park is located near Taliparamba in the Kannur district of Kerala in India. It is an amusement park owned by the Malabar Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC). This park was opened in the year 2008. Vismaya Water Park is one of the chosen destinations for holidays in Malabar since it’s opening.
The park is situated close to the famous Muthappan temple present in Parassinikadavu. Its official inauguration was in the month of august in the year 2008.
The main objective of the water park is to establish and promote tourism in the state, thereby maintaining and managing , establish, maintain and manage the business related to hospitality and tourism industry.
The water park’s main focus is to entertain the people, also promoting natural sustainable development. Hence, they provide infotainment – information through entertainment to all age groups.
- The park, stretching over the land in two acres has a reservoir which can 50million litres of rainwater, which is is used to operate the park.
- The amusement park promotes sustainable development.
- Thousands of job opportunities are created through the establishment of this park.
- Vismaya Water Park has succeeded in attracting innumerable local and foreign tourists, which has promoted the state’s tourism.
- Opening of this Park has improved the state’s economic growth to an extent, which had faced a decline before.
- It has many innovative rides and attractions like virtual waterfall, lasershow to name a few, that are one of a kind.
- Though many amusement parks that operate on different technologies and pollute the environment have developed, Vismaya Water Park is operating on rain water harvesting technique.
- The Water Park needs to provide rides that are both entertaining and informative to maintain its image.
- The amusement park must attract that many visitors so that the state’s tourism remains promoted.
- All the rides must be properly checked so that no mishaps occur in the park.
- The staff must be properly trained so that they can properly operate each ride because any fault will lead to a life threatening situation.
- Since there are so many other attractions in the vicinity of Vismaya Water Park, it must always keep providing new and newer adventure rides so that people visit this park.
Amusement parks are always an all time favourites for kids. And if the park has adventure rides, it’s always on the bucket list of adventure freaks. If it is environment-friendly, the nature lovers woul d want to visit. Vismaya National Park is a melange of all three. But for the people to become aware of this, it needs to be advertised on the social media to reach the people at a faster rate.
The Facebook page of Vismaya Water Park has updates of the different rides in the Water Park that boosts the adrenaline in the youngsters and children which stimulates them to visit the park off and again. They also provide discounts and low price schemes during festivals.
The main website of the park is also incorporated with different pictures of the attractive and adventurous rides, peppered with information as well.
The Vismaya water park was the first development of MTDC for the development of tourism in the state. This Park has achieved the expected results. They have led to the growth of economic development at a very large scale. This Park has also provided employment opportunities to many. It is still continuing to be a must visit destination for tourists because of many rides that suit all age groups like aqua trail, jumping frog, etc. This park is one of the most environment-friendliest water park’s in the world because of the green policy adopted by the Vismaya.
After overcoming all the challenges, the Vismaya Water Park will continue its journey towards achieving its goal of entertaining people in a very green environment-friendly way.